I heard that this was supposed to be a good show and pretty funny, so I thought I would give it a chance. Just wondering if any Supernatural fans watched Lucifer and thought that they should have gotten Mark Pellegrino for this? Not that Tom Ellis wasn’t good in this, he was brilliant, but…just Mark Pellegrino is my Lucifer. My family friend said she would have wanted David Bowie. Anyways, possible spoilers ahead!
So there really wasn’t anything in the premiere episode that I didn’t like:
- I really liked their take of angels in this, the way they slow down time to talk to one another, the creepy hand claw thing
- I love seeing DB Woodside in one of my shows again, though to be fair, a little early to decide if I’m going to keep this show, but so far so good!
- “Lucifer Morningstar. Is that a stage name?” Lucifer: “God Given, I’m afraid”
- I like how they didn’t make him try to hide his identity and make that the whole story line. He’s just taking bullets, making god jokes, throwing guys through glass windows and hanging them by their necklace
- “Hello mean girl. Did you know there’s a special section of hell reserved for bullies? So have fun.” Evil grin, *devil eyes activated* This is everything.
- They did a great job of showing Lucifer’s true form
This episode was funny and they did a great job with taking something that exists and has been done so many times and making it their own.
I don’t know how everyone else is feeling about Agent Carter so far, but I am really enjoying it. But I have a weird either I really love something or I really hate something for sometimes a weird and random reason. It makes it really hard for me to be critical about what I read or watch or eat or anything…but I enjoyed this episode a lot!
- Peggy: “But they’re ready for a movie based on a comic book? Sounds like a dreadful idea.”
- I hope that they make Jack a good guy in the end. I think it’s a good sign that he’s questioning things and he’s realizing little things that Peggy is saying is true.
- Can we talk about how clever that was to sneak Peggy into the club? Leave it to Stark to do something completely big (why am I even surprised at this point??). And “code pink”. I need to remember that for something.
- Jarvis *slowly raises his hand*. Can I say again how much I adore Jarvis?
- Stark and Jarvis – the original science bros
- Stark and his fondue
- This dark matter thing is really creepy and fascinating. I don’t know where they are taking it, but I am hooked!
So that was my Tuesday night…hope everyone enjoys their day today!