It’s another Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme brought to you by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s theme is a Valentine’s Day themed semi freebie. My pick for this week’s Top Ten Tuesday is Fictional Crushes!
As I was coming up with this list, I realized that my fictional crushes tend to share some of the same characteristics, they’re all good, they’re smart, and compassionate, and have a strong set of morals. These are my fictional crushes:
- Owen Palmer. From the Enchanted, Inc series by Shanna Swendson. He is this super shy, but super sweet and charming all powerful wizard. He is intelligent and thoughtful and sweet to little old ladies and saves stray kittens. He can also be devious and mischievous, but a total gentleman. Of all the fictional boys out there, he is my favourite and why he is my number 1 fictional crush. You honestly need to read the books (if you haven’t already) to see why he is my very favourite. Every person I have recommended this book to has fallen in love with Owen Palmer and for a very good reason!
- Michael Moscovitz. From The Princess Diaries series by Meg Cabot. Michael Moscovitz was my very first literary crush. He is super smart and created a new medical arm thing (CardioArm) for closed heart surgery which he donated to Genovia to help Mia’s father win the election because above all else he cares about her happiness. He was the perfect boyfriend and was romantic in his own way without being cheesy (Valentine’s day, the computer program he created for her, the snowflake necklace, etc.) He was also a huge nerd and he was funny and most importantly, he accepted her completely with all of neuroticness, and isn’t that someone we all want??
- Captain America. This is a sort of cheat since most of what I know about Cap is from the MCU and that Chris Evans is a huge part of why, I mean look at him!!
But he is a comic book character which counts! And more than just his looks, I love that Captain America is about justice and about what is right. He doesn’t like bullies and stands up to them, even when he was just a scrawny kid getting his ass kicked. Captain America is the epitome of goodness, that is why he was chosen – because of his good heart.
- Cinna. From The Hunger Games series by Suzanne Collins. He was just so different from everyone else from the Capitol. He was simple and he was good. He was a genius designer.
- Jesse de Silva. From The Mediator Series by Meg Cabot. He was a ghost from the 19th century, calls Suze “querido” which at the time when I read these books was just about the sweetest thing ever. Being from the 19th century, he was a gentleman. He’s noble and polite and has a strong set of morals.
I’m going to cheat here and move away from books and delve into my tv/movie crushes.
- Jim Halpert. From The Office, the US edition. Jim Halpert is funny and pranky and romantic and sweet and noted by Pam, he could do anything if he put his mind to it.The way that he looks at Pam, the way he talks about her. Seriously, where do I get myself a Jim Halpert??
- Jamie Reagan. From Blue Bloods. I adore Jamie Reagan. He is a cop but studied to be a lawyer. He’s smart and compassionate and caring. He is also tough when he needs to be but he’s always fair and strives to do the right thing.
- Sam Winchester. From Supernatural. He’s smart and funny and is the heart of the two brothers (not that Dean doesn’t have a heart, just that Dean tends to hide it). Sam is smart and brave and fights the things that goes bump in the night.
- Don Flack. From CSI:NY. New York was always my favourite of all the CSI spin offs. Flack was always ready with a witty remark or a smart aleck-y one if you were a bad guy. He was eternally loyal to his friends, to Mac and to justice even when it would jeopardize his relationship with other cops. Plus, Eddie Cahill!
- Owen Grady. From Jurassic World. He’s funny and compassionate towards animals and manly, he wasn’t afraid to get his hands dirty and he was heroic. He formed a special bond with those raptors (RAPTORS!!) built over time on a foundation of trust and love.
So that’s my TTT for this week. Hope everyone enjoyed reading this is much as I enjoyed coming up with my list 🙂 Who are your fictional crushes?