I had no idea what was going on in the real world of CM. Usually, there are news and gossip about an actor leaving (like Michael Weatherly and NCIS) and that gives me time to prepare for that actor’s departure from the show, whether it’s a good goodbye or a death. I am prepared.
Well I was not prepared at all for this. I was watching Supernatural last night and I was going to watch it today after work. I went on Instagram during the day and then SOMEONE SPOILED IT THAT MORGAN DIED!!! WTF?!?!? My heart is so broken. I almost don’t want to watch this episode.
So on to the episode.
- I can’t handle all this bad stuff happening to Morgan!! Make it stop!!
- I love that the call goes out to Garcia and she’s the one who rallies the team. It’s always Garcia and that makes watching this even more heartbreaking
- Oh Morgan, don’t take your anger out on Garcia.
- enter Hotch with the tough love, taking Morgan off of the case
- I’m already in tears and we’re only 3 minutes in. This is not going to work
- I don’t know if I would be as emotional as this had I not gone into this episode thinking that Morgan is going to die
- everyone working on the case while Morgan was supposed to be recuperating when Hotch had told Morgan that he shouldn’t touch the case of the guys who had abducted and tortured him
- OMG it was the unsub who called Garcia – how freaking creepy
- I love the relationship between Reid and Morgan. He’s like the cooler older brother, always looking out for Reid. With Morgan gone, who is going to do that??
- Reid: “then believe this, our team loves you and we are not going to stop until we find whoever did this. But we can only do that with a completely dispassionate and unprejudice point of view. Paternal instinct is a deadly bias that we just can’t risk. It’s for your protection Morgan, I swear.”
- JJ: [disobeying Hotch] “When someone hurts one of us…when someone hurts a baby…”
- MORGAN LET YOUR TEAM HELP YOU!!!!!!! Don’t do it alone!!
- waiiitttt does he not die???? omg!! This whole time…I can’t even
- Rossi: “I’ve learned in the short time I’ve had the privilige of being a dad, it heals wounds just being there for your kid. Like your dad wanted to be, I’m sure.”
- Morgan’s goodbyes are so hard to watch because you know that there was probably no acting involved. Morgan and Reid’s goodbye is going to be hard to watch knowing that Reid hates changes and goodbyes. Him and Garcia too will be hard to watch, she’s his baby girl
- Hank Spencer ❤
- Garcia: “You make me feel super brave” Morgan: “You make me feel safe.”
- that nod between Reid and Morgan at the end, his little way of telling Morgan that he’s going to be ok. Dying.
- “As a good friend of mine said, every ending is also a beginning, we just don’t know it at the time. I’d like to believe she’s right” – Morgan
Ok. So clearly I misread the Instagram that “Morgan’s gone” didn’t mean that he was dead, just that he has left the show. Look, the promo had a gun at Morgan’s head, it’s not like I was completely off base with my line of thinking. But my anxiety this entire day and time for NOTHING!!! I’m so glad that he’s not dead and had I watched this last night I probably would not have been bawling the entire time thinking this is the last time we’re going to get to see Morgan! But it was still a pretty emotional episode.
MGG did an incredible job directing this episode. I don’t know how he wasn’t sobbing the entire time. There’s something beautiful about MGG directing the episode that Shemar Moore’s character leaves the show.
So this episode was a lot less sad than I thought it would be. Thankfully!