It’s been awhile since I last did a TTT, hosted by The Broke and The Bookish; but I thought it was time to get back into it and what a great theme to start this again! This week’s theme is Ten Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults.
This was fun to go and revisit some of the books that I read when I was younger, although I don’t remember most of the books or series that I read at the age. To be fair, there are books that I can’t remember if I read or not as an adult There were some that I had a vague idea about but not the title of the books. Then there were some, Like the Princess Diaries, where the question was answered! So below is my Seven Childhood Characters You’d Love To Revisit As Adults.
- The Baby-Sitters Club – this was my all time favourite series when I was younger. This was the series that made me want to be a baby-sitter, the series that gave me the idea to make my own ‘kid-kit’. I would love to know what happened to all my favourite characters from this series! I also wouldn’t mind re-reading the series again in it’s proper order either. Being the age that I was with zero money, I was stuck with reading this in whatever order the library happened to have in stock, and I know that I missed more than a few books in there
- Dawn Rochelle – I think I mentioned this from a previous TTT post that the Dawn Rochelle series was another of my favourites growing up. It was depressing and uplifting, about Dawn, who was diagnosed with cancer at a young age and her journey over five books. I would love to know if she ever made it into adulthood.
- Harry Potter – technically, I am cheating here since we sort of know what happened to all the characters thanks to J.K. Rowling. But I want all the little details, I want to know what other adventures the trio had together as they made their way into adulthood. I want to know how they got to where they got to.
- A Series of Unfortunate Events – this I discovered a little after my childhood, but it was a fantastic series, regardless. I’m so excited about the Netflix series that they’re going to do based on the books, I was always hoping they would continue with the movies. It probably won’t answer the question of whatever happened to the Baudelaires, but it should be fun to binge on the series!
- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory – I have to be totally honest and say that I didn’t read Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator, and I probably should. But it would be fun to know what happened to the chocolate factory, and Willy Wonka and Charlie and his family, the Oompa-Loompas.
- James and the Giant Peach – I don’t remember most of the story and I should probably re-read it. But with the bff’s son growing up, I’m pretty sure that it’ll happen eventually. Hopefully, he’ll love reading when he’s old enough to enjoy non-picture books as much as he loves reading now!
- Sweet Valley High – I read this series on and off as a kid. Again, like the Baby-sitters Club, it was hard to get my hands on these with zero income and it was just whatever was in the library. If I could get my hands on these now, I would just take a week off or something from work and read non-stop 🙂
So that was my seven, who were your favourite characters or books as a child?